From Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
December 6, 2016
Full article here.
Marathon Health, one of the nation’s leading providers of worksite health centers, today announced the launch of a new version of the company’s proprietary Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and Patient Health Record (PHR).
The EMR v5 platform’s optimized performance and functionality will allow Marathon Health to continue to provide the highest level of healthcare services, and the upgraded database will be able to accommodate the growing number of users in the system. The update includes changes to the software platform, the clinical documentation system, and the patient Portal. EMR v5’s updated software platform allows for faster development cycles and improved performance for clinicians and patients.
- Enhanced mobile optimization that allows patients to schedule appointments, take a Health Risk Assessment, send secure messages, and view health information from a smartphone or tablet.
- Inclusion of clinical decision support tools for providers (embedded directly in our EMR) that links symptoms and conditions with a medical knowledgebase for evidence-based guidance in real time at the point of care.
- Easy-to-use templates and workflow tools for quicker, more accurate Note completion to document clinical encounters, including symptoms, diagnoses, interventions, and follow-up.
- Easier access to more personalized health information and resources.
- Standard of care metrics for high cost chronic conditions integrated with claims data that flows directly into patient task lists for prioritized clinical follow up.
EMR v5 highlights Marathon Health’s leadership in creating a system that documents care and provides reporting to employers regarding healthcare cost and outcomes. Marathon Health’s total population health management model has delivered a 10-15 percent reduction in net per member per month healthcare costs across its book of business, contributing to the growth and profitability of the businesses it serves. The company provides care for more than 250,000 individuals at over 140 employer locations nationwide.
“The launch of EMR v5 represents countless hours planning, developing, testing, and training,” said Marathon Health CEO Jerry Ford. “We are strong advocates of patient-centered technology that puts the patient first and provides for measurable clinical outcomes, and this new platform underwent painstaking review to make sure those goals were met. We believe it is one of the most comprehensive, yet user-friendly EMR/PHR platforms available today.”
Marathon Health EMR v5 launches today. For more information, please contact Marathon Health Vice President of Marketing Tracey Moran at tmoran(at)marathon-health(dot)com or at (802) 8570459.
About Marathon Health:
Marathon Health is a privately-held company with a minority position held by Goldman Sachs. Our solution offers a proven method for helping employers reduce the total cost of healthcare. The Marathon Health approach integrates the best practices of onsite primary care, health assessment with risk identification, coaching and advocacy, and disease management for high cost chronic conditions. Marathon Health supports its unique model with an eHealth Portal delivering medical content, interactive diet and fitness tools, a personal health record, and an electronic medical record to manage care. For more information, please visit http://www1.marathon-health.com/